The Animator will be tasked with promotion, planning, structuring, and facilitation of workshops with either a boys or girls group in respective schools. Each group will be run within the project guidelines by the animator who will facilitate structured activities in accordance with objectives set out by the BCRC and the school they reside within. This person will report to the Project Coordinator on activities, issues, and act as an intermediary for general communication between school staff, parents and other facilitators and will be tasked with keeping detailed notes. The Animator(s) will work both in the school, and on occasion in, the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and facilitate group workshops in accordance with the program guidelines and the participants’ skills and needs.
- Develop monthly work plans in accordance with program objectives.
- Serve as liaisons between students, homes, schools and other contacts to help children who face problems, such as disabilities, abuse, or poverty.
- Interview clients individually, or in groups, assessing their situations, capabilities, and problems to determine what services are required to meet their needs.
- Counsel students whose behavior, school progress, or mental or physical impairment indicate a need for assistance, Identifying students’ problems.
- Assist parents with understanding social dynamics of High School, and intervening appropriately with students.
- Encourage group participants to provide mutual assistance and emotional support to each other.
Qualifications: DEC or Bachelors in Social Work, Psychology, Social Service, CRLT, Special Care Counselling or related field.
All interested candidates ready for this challenge are requested to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until November 30th, 2017.